There are many different ways of supporting UPMC Chautauqua WCA, but one of the most important is an investment in the future through planned or deferred gifts. Gifts made through your estate plans are essential to the future of this vital non-profit organization as we seek to maintain economic viability and a vision for the 21st century and beyond. You can join the legacy of donors, past and present, as you create your own legacy.
The 1885 Society was established in 2010 by the Boards of Directors for the W.C.A. Foundation and UPMC Chautauqua WCA to help celebrate UPMC Chautauqua WCA’s 125th anniversary, and to acknowledge a dedicated group of individuals who have chosen to support UPMC Chautauqua WCA in their estate plans. The 1885 Society membership is a reflection of the historical high values, vision, and spirit demonstrated by the dedicated founders who worked to create and sustain UPMC Chautauqua WCA during its formative years.
Becoming a member of The 1885 Society can be accomplished through the creation of several different types of planned or deferred gifts, including:
- Bequest through Will or Living Trust
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Annuity Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Beneficiary through a Life Insurance Policy or Retirement Plan
- Establishment of an Endowed Fund or Endowed Chair
Members of The 1885 Society will have an opportunity to:
- Obtain a charitable tax deduction
- Simplify and reduce estate settlement costs
- Reduce federal estate taxes
- Avoid or reduce capital gains taxes
- Increase spendable income
- Retain income rights for your or a loved one’s lifetime
To become a member of The 1885 Society, we ask that you or your professional advisor/attorney provide us with written verification of your intent. If you wish to learn more about a particular type of planned or deferred giving vehicle, the WCA Office of Development will gladly provide details.
The 1885 Society members may keep their gifts or bequest plans undesignated to support the overall mission of the W.C.A. Foundation and/or UPMC Chautauqua WCA, or choose to benefit a specific department or program. You can name the “W.C.A. Foundation, Inc.”, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization which supports WCA Hospital through endowed and non-endowed funds. You can also name UPMC Chautauqua WCA (“The Woman’s Christian Association of Jamestown, N.Y.”), also a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.
Members of The 1885 Society will receive special benefits such as:
- Invitation to annual recognition event hosted by UPMC Chautauqua WCA as well as other special events
- Recognition in the UPMC Chautauqua WCA Annual Report and other appropriate publications
- Recognition on the UPMC Chautauqua WCA’s Honor Roll of Donors on display within the hospital
We invite you to join The 1885 Society and demonstrate your ongoing commitment to the future of UPMC Chautauqua WCA. If you are interested in becoming a member of The 1885 Society, or have already completed a planned gift which supports UPMC Chautauqua WCA, please contact:
Megan Barone, Director of Development
UPMC Chautauqua WCA/WCA Foundation
207 Foote Avenue, PO Box 840
Jamestown, NY 14702-0840
(716) 664-8423, Megan.D’Angelo@wcahospital.org
Brigetta Overcash, Executive Director
300 Foote Avenue, PO Box 840
Jamestown, NY 14702-0840
(716) 664-8600, email@example.com